You may be wondering, How can you truly become saved?
There are many false mainstream churches who would want you to believe that you only need to say an “accepting Jesus into your heart prayer” to be saved, and that is totally false. We go over the Bible’s true Basis of Salvation, on this Page. The idea that you would only need to say an “Accepting Jesus into your heart” prayer and be saved does not hold up to what the Holy Bible teaches us. Please go with us below as we delve into the scriptures to prove and show you what you TRULY need to DO, to be saved.
Basis of Salvation
The basis of Salvation is shown to us in Acts Chapter 2, as Jesus Christ said He gave Peter the keys to the Kingdom (Matthew 16:19). Acts 2:38 shows us what Jesus was saying when He was talking about Peter being given the keys to the Kingdom. Acts 2:38 — Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Repentance of your sin, Baptism in the Name of Jesus Christ and the infilling of the Holy Ghost are the 3 keys to the kingdom. You also need to live a holy life after being saved. We will break down each step below so you can understand better.
1) Repentance, In other words, feel true sorrow for your sins and your actions and ask God for forgiveness. Repentance is a change of mind and heart. It also includes turning away from those sins and starting a new life of following Christ. Psalms 38:18, For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. You shouldn’t misuse repentance after you are saved, by sinning and repenting, knowing you will go back and do it again.
2) Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, You must be baptized by being fully submerged underwater in order to be cleansed of all of your sins and receive forgiveness for your sins. Even Jesus himself was baptized in order to show us what we have to do to receive salvation (Matthew 3:13-16), that is how important it is! John 3:5 states that baptism is needed to make it to heaven. By baptizing in the Name of Jesus Christ you are putting on His Name and becoming one of His (Galatians 3:27). We believe that Jesus Christ is God wrapped in flesh and He embodies the Spirit of God (1 Timothy 3:16). Also, in Isaiah 9:6 it states that Jesus Christ is The Mighty God and The Everlasting Father. Not only does Peter (that has the keys to the kingdom given by Jesus Christ) preach Salvation by Repentance, Baptism in Jesus Christ name, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost, but Jesus Christ told his Apostles to teach the world that same salvation message in Matthew 28:19. Jesus told them to Baptize all nations in the NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, the NAME He is speaking about is JESUS CHRIST. That is why we baptize in the Name of Jesus Christ because those scriptures work together to show you the correct way to be Baptized (There are many other scriptures that back this up also). Look at the One God section, to learn more (In the “What we Believe” tab).
3) Receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, This is evidenced by the speaking of other tongues. (Acts 2:4 “And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”) The Holy Ghost is a sign that God is with Us and In Us. When speaking in tongues you are speaking a heavenly language that God understands as you are wholly talking to God.
- Acts 2:38-41 — Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
- Galatians 3:27 — For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
- John 3:5-7 — Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
- 1 Timothy 3:16 — And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
We know that this could be a lot of information to understand, so we offer a free Bible Study to anyone who would like to learn more. Please call Pastor Peters at (540) 267-4415 to set one up.